So, I'm hoping those saboted bullets you're shooting are pure lead? Jacketed bullets are also illegal for muzzleloading in Washington . smile

I'm a confirmed muzzleloader hunter. Even hunted with Dogfish a little this year as a result of meeting on this board. I picked up a muzzleloader 20+ years ago as a teenager in Utah and never went back.

I shoot a T/C Firehawk .54 cal. I shoot pyrodex Select (100 grains for deer, 140 grains for elk). For bullets I use 400 grain Harvester bullets (www.claybusterwads.com). I love them. I was fortunate enough to draw a limited entry bull tag last season and anchored a great 6X6 bull with one shot at just over 100 yards. He went 15 yards after the shot. I've now shot 7 elk with them (4 cows, 1 spike, and the smallest 4X4 imaginable) and it's only taken a total of 8 shots. Hit them in the boiler with a Harverter and they are going down. Sorry, I'll get off my Harverster soap box. smile

I keep hoping aginst all odds that I'll draw another bull tag this year..... Any of you know where I can find a poacher to turn in for the preference points?

Fisherdan