I've hunted and fished the potholes area since I was a kid, I'm 28 now and have alot of knowledge of the area. If you want to hunt the main resevoir, you don't have to run a jet as long as you know all the channes in the dunes. If you don't know were to go run a depth finder your first few trips out and you'll be fine. Another good idea is to go on a trip with the Duck Taxi guide service out of the Mar Don resort. They have hunted the dunes for 25 yrs and are excellent guides. They will show you all the ins and outs of the dunes area.

The Columbia Wildlife refuge is behind the dam,it gives the birds a place to rest without being pressured. There are a bunch of public launches in the area and a 2 motels at the resort, they have about 25 rooms and hunters and dogs are welcome. It's kind of hard to scout the dunes in the summer because it won't be anything like that in the winter.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -