My head hurts from this question... my dad is buying me a new shotgun for chirstmas. The problem is that I can't decided what I want! HOPEFULLY there's a scattergun nut on here that can help me decide....
Right now, my main shotgun is a 12gauge Ithaca-SKB Model 500 O/U which was custom fitted to me. Love the gun, but for a variety of reasons, I need a new one. I have a few others, but none that can replace my Ithaca- I have duck guns, quail guns, etc.
SO....What I need is a 12 gauge that will mostly be used on upland birds across the west as well as a few ducks. I am looking for a gun in the $1000-2000 range, must be a O/U or maybe a S/S. And I want a lightweight gun- NO brownings or other logs that will wear my arms out. And, it must have a multichoke system.
My choices so far...Weatherby makes a few that look interesting... Rugar Gold Label S/S (Red label is out)... Beretta lightweight de luxe.... Any ideas? I want a pretty, lightweight 12 gauge. I just don't know what to choose! Any help?