I wanted to extend my thank you to all those who attended or helped with the Sportsman's Day in Olympia.

You helped make it the success it was! We had a group of 40 people show to support consumptive users in WA. We had the peace protesters actually wanting to learn more information (education on our issues is the key to winning decisive legislative battles), we got the chance to educate a couple teachers and their students (they were there for a field trip and had a great question/answer session with us), we got to talk to some legislators as well as their aides. There was a presentation after the rally by Ed Owens describing how the actions of sportsmen in this state have essentially killed a couple bills in the legislature. Your involvement is critical! Just a couple emails a month to show your district legislators you support the issues of sportsmen can make all the difference in the world!

For those of you who could not attend, I would like to extend the invitation for next year. You missed out on a fun day. Representation from other aspects of hunting and fishing were in dire need (we had 3 speakers unable to make the rally due to developments in the Iraq saga). Next year we will not have to contend with the peace protesters smile

Thank you for all your help and I look forward to having more with us next year!

Robert