Best value for the dollar is Nikon IMO. I have used nikon scopes (including spotting scope) and bino's for years and I think the scopes are as good as Leupold. For bino's it depends on how you want to use them. If you are going to glass large open areas then get some 7x50 or 8x42. If you want to hunt closer range then go smaller as these can be bulky.

One thing that I think is important with binos that many overlook is the insta focus feature. Look for a pair that have this feature. If you shop around online you can get a good quality pair such as Nikon, Burris, Leupold, Steiner, Swarvoski, etc at a good price. Don't skimp on optics. I have a nice elk rack becuase the person I was with skimped on optics and when it was low light he could not see very well through his scope and I was able to see fine and took the shot. As far as Bushnell goes, these things are garbage, you would better off to hunt with your naked eye and save your money until you have enough to step up to the next level. The old addage 'You get what you pay for" is absolutely true with optics. Don't ever go cheap with optics it is an absolute waste of money.