I have been doing some work with a local Coalition to help spread awareness about and promote alternatives to the proposed Susitna Hydro project that the state of Alaska is pushing forward at an accelerated rate. http://susitnadamalternatives.org/

The Coalition has been working with a fellow named Aaron Ernst who is in the process of making a documentary for PBS about the project, but more than that, about the people and places that could be forever changed if the dam is built.

The Coalition asked me to take him out for a day and show him around the Susitna to collect some footage for the film. We logged over a hundred miles and stopped to check out a few streams along the way. Lots of chums showing up and a few kings spawning in most tribs. Still a bit early for silvers so we poked around for resident species. All in all a good day.

Keep an eye on the Coalitions web site (link above) and subscribe to the mailing list if you would like to help us work towards keep the Susitna wild. Stay tuned for more info on the film.

A few snapshots from the day.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."