I know there are drifts on the upper part of the river, I have only drifted it 3 times and I put in underneath the bridge above the spillway. Does anyone know how the drift is on the upper stretch of the river?
My guess is that it is pretty productive. Also, I don't know if anyone of you have drifted the river recently, but there is one really awkward spot to get your boat past and I could see how it could be a bit dangerous. Post if you know what I'm talking about: there is a bar on the left had side that has about 2 inches of water sweeping over it rather quickly. It then drops off very rapidly and there is about a 4-5 foot gap before a log jam, there is little to no room to get a bite with your oars and well, if things go wrong your in for some entertainment! I think now that I am more experienced on the oars it would be easier. But I choose to walk the boat on the shallow part just before it drops off. Anyway, for those of you that have not floated the river, you will know what I'm talking about unless the flow has changed in that section. Thought I might offer some advice for boaters looking to float it soon!
Good Luck!