Originally Posted By: Piper

make sure you wear clean shoes in order to get the best pics wink

Sorry, had to gather eggs.

Grampa Forest's 740 Woodmaster in .30-06. Made in 1955. Had a beat up and broken forearm, and the stock wasn't much better. He fed my mom's family with this for a number of years, having taken elk, deer, and a number of caribou with it when he headed up to AK. I've taken two elk, three deer, and a number of coyotes with this old rifle. Added a William's peep sight. Great heavy timber gun.

Grampa Louis' Savage model 1907 in .380. One of my few safe queens, althought I have carried it once or twice.

Stevens Junior, belonged to my dad after buying it second hand, or third hand. Cute little .22. No firing pin, otherwise the boys would have been shooting this little gem.

Mossberg 46M bolt action rifle. Dad used this for target practice and it was his first real .22 rifle. Weighs about 9lbs. Have the front sight, just need to rethread the hole for it, or get another screw.

Wife's grampa's Savage 99. Sweet little rifle in .30-30. 20" barrel, shoots like a laser. Wife's grampa, uncle, and her mom have all taken deer with it. Still trying to break it in so we can claim a deer with it.

Remington Elliot. 5 shot fixed barrel, rotating firing pin. Doesn't function (pin doesn't rotate), and the round ring is the trigger.

Wife's uncle Paul's Ruger Mark 1.

Okay, so maybe really not his pistol, as the only parts left from the pistol include the grip frame, a few internal parts, the trigger and the bolt. Taken a few grouse with it in the past few years. Fun pistol, strangely quiet for some reason. Looking forward to carrying it over the next few years as my regular sidearm when hunting. After ditching the bull barrel, It has lost a solid pound or more in weight.

Uncle Paul's 740 in .280 Remington (7MM Express).

Hunter took a nice deer with this a few years back.

Uncle Paul's 1897.

Barrel says "full". Somehow I doubt that a 18.5" barrell came in full choke. Still a little chicken to shoot this. Oldest son wants me to get it checked out so we can shoot it. Might try it out with trap loads and a string, then use it as a grouse gun. We'll see.

I am the receiver of my family's firearms. None of them are priceless relics, mostly junk to everybody else, but if we can shoot them, we do, and if we can kill something with them, by all means to we try. It is alwasy great reporting back to the family member that handed the firearm to us that we took a deer, or elk, or grouse with it, as it always evolves into a conversation of said relative, and their love of hunting. Pretty blessed to have hunters on both sides of the family.

Thanks in advance for the compliments on the pictures. Redhook taught me all I know.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.