Originally Posted By: JTD

I didn't "see" it but overheard as I was working in the garage that they had someone turn in a rocket propelled grenade launcher. The advertisement was no questions asked but the news report claimed the cops plan to follow up on this and find out the origination and changes in ownership.

Maybe we need a new law that requires RPGs to be registered too?

rolleyes

it was a Stinger Missile (surface to air) tube...they are fire and throw away, but someone brought the tube back and it got away from the base i guess... its completely useless, and as far as i know, they are legal to possess, there are quite a few Military Surplus stores around that have one or 2 on display... i think Seattle Police freaked out when they saw it, havent ever really seen one, and dont know fully if its legal or not... they said on the news that they will be checking with JBLM and if its OK, the guy can have it back... they also gave him a gift card, so he might score twice... its about as usefull as having your grandfathers Air Force Helmet, which doesnt mean you can operate an airplane...

thre were also a bunch of people there that werent with the Police, buying weapons for more expensive cash than they police were giving in gift cards... some people really screwed themselves with some of their weapons... there were some really old collectors guns i saw on the news... oh well, thats the price of stupidity..