IR.... I originally responded to this post not because of any great interest that I had in the story, but because I've grown weary of the shallow and baseless criticism of Fox news that abounds on this board. Note that I have not said that all criticism of Fox news is shallow and baseless, but that is the criticism that I have become weary of and am responding to.

Now as I am sure you know as well as I do that search results are a moving target, I just now did a new search of "Federal employees behind on taxes" and found on the first page, stories by;

The Huffington post, the story started like this. " The number of federal workers and retirees who owed delinquent income taxes jumped by nearly 12 percent in 2011, the Internal Revenue Service said Friday."
The Federal times, like this. "The number of federal employees who were delinquent on their taxes increased sharply in 2011, according to IRS statistics.'
Accounting today, like this. "More than 279,000 federal employees, including members of the military, collectively owed approximately $3.42 billion in unpaid taxes as of Sept. 25, 2010, up 3.26 percent from the prior year, according to a recently released report from the Internal Revenue Service.
CNBC like this. "Need a quick three billion dollars, Uncle Sam? How about looking in your own pockets?"
ABC news. Working for Uncle Sam comes with some great perks, like job stability, posh benefits packages, and in many cases, average salaries that are higher than what the same job pays in the private sector.

And you say, "Sure seems like an echo chamber story to me...".
Sir I do believe there is an echo chamber present, and that you are seated comfortably within it

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.