Nearly all of Congress and certainly both administrations are complicit in the absolutely unAmerican disgrace.

Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of Americans (in the public and private sector), including some on this board, that are complicit too. This isn't just govt secretly "breaking in". They were given the [Bleeeeep!] keys!

I'd be way more pissed if all of this "breaking news" wasn't completely obvious years and years ago. The masses will always be too far behind the curve to really stop anything. Discussions on facial recognition and ePrivacy shoud have taken place decades ago. Even with the knowledge of what is happening, no one REALLY gives a [Bleeeeep!]. There will be something else on the headlines a week from now.

None of these politicians actions are justifiable but it should at least should be noted the backdrop on which they (especially the executive branch) are operating. If ANY attack happens, they will be blamed for not doing everything possible to prevent it. Therefore, from the president's perspective, I'd think that trampling rights is the go-to decision if they see it as lessening the chance of an attack. I also suspect that Obama has changed his stance a lot based on what he now knows and has seen, which are probably shocking plans. Still, [Bleeeeep!] him and anyone else that has let fear overshadow freedom.