I have read about the problem and it is truly a huge hit for the natives. I know that they rely so much on the salmon runs for many different uses. It's a shame that this is happening but I can't help but think like so much in this world that greed is at the root of this. There are so many people and businesses that feel they are entitled and there is an "I'll get mine and worry about it later" attitude. This should be a wakeup call to everyone everywhere that nothing on this planet is infinite and that at some point the resource will fail and disappear if we don't suck it up and take drastic measures. That’s why it sickens me to see people catch and keep wild fish of any kind. People have posted pictures of beautiful native kings on this site that were kept. Why? What is it that makes someone want to bonk an endangered fish legal or not? I have released many big fish and I find that the feeling of watching the pig swim away is better than the feeling of bonking it. Until all users of the resource get together and solve these problems it’s only going to get worse.