Wet, cold, & rainy days are not always a such bad thing when you have a machine shop. Winter projects can be so much fun.

Allah be praised, this year I was able to save enough money thanks to the un-affordable health care act to finally buy a cheap 4x power scope and a second AR-15 lower receiver for the other 6.8 mm upper receiver I had laying around.

This year, the AR-15 rifle was the primary focus. A bunch of pre production produceability studies, mostly R&D stuff for future sound suppression endeavors and then of course some personal rifle work. That's the fun part. The stuff I make for me.

So, Sey Hallo to my lil" frenz.

For the ascot sportin' Tri-County liberals this project needed some other parts to complete the second rifle. A new lower receiver, lower parts kit, low mass hammer & trigger assy., and bolt carrier from JP Rifles, a new 6.8 enhanced bolt assy. from Lewis Machine & Tool and a few extras from MagPul is all that was needed.

Here is the shot of the new 4x scope mounted on the 22” upper receiver.

Some close ups of the 4x Trijicon ACOG Scope. It has an illuminated crosshair so in low light conditions, you look through it and you see the mil–dots and the cross hairs illuminated in red. It’s pretty freakin’ cool. The $75.00 Trijicon mount that I bought to fit the new 4x scope to the flat top receiver was a real POS so I ended up making my own.

Here is a comparison of the 22” rifle version with 4x Trijicon ACOG and the 16” carbine version with the EOTech holographic heads up sight.

I only have one thing to say ... Parker ... Stay the fukk off my lawn !

Edited by Black Bart (03/30/14 10:07 PM)