Please correct me if I am wrong on the road and the hole. WDFW struck up an agreement this last year with Rayonier to keep what I believe is the 5500 Rd that leads to the forks hole on the Calawah.

In order to keep the road open WDFW needs volunteers to go in and pick up trash. WDFW will provide a trailer, and for anyone else willing to bring their own trailers or trucks, some arrangement may be able to be made.

Unfortunately there are people all over who don't respect the rights of property owners, which is how access get shut down. That is the case here. For those of you willing to donate your time, the help would be greatly appreciated.

I won't be helping out on this project, other than getting the word out, but actions like this have helped to re-open the diversion dam access. Diversion dam 1 , Diversion dam 2 , Garbage project 2013 These threads show that I have helped out on efforts like this before.

It really isn't that bad, picking up trash. Put your rods down for a day and help secure some access for next year. Maybe you can collect more garbage than I did, but bring a container for SHARPS. A Gatorade bottle is best. Not sure if there are any up there, but it is good to be prepared.

If any of you are interested in assisting, either on your own, or as part of an organized group, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with my contact at WDFW so we can get this project rolling. Please, just take a day, or 4 hours. Any assistance will make an impact.

Many thanks,

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.