Returned from Hana today and went snorkeling. Going to Hana is kinda' like fly fishing. It's more about the journey than the destination. Many waterfalls along the way, cliff diving (and jumping) that scares the bejeezus out of this hoele. But Hana is mostly for the locals; they like your money, but don't really want to share much of the east end of the island. Nigh on impossible to even use the public beach due to lack of parking.

Kap,

Thank you for the offer, and I don't expect you to understand, but I'd as soon catch a bonefish plunking with bait as have a colonoscopy. In the end, the only thing to do when you catch a bonefish, is unhook it and put it back. Now if you have an in on catching some Ono or Mahi Mahi, then different rules apply. Have eaten both the last few days, and fish doesn't get more delicious than those.

The weather has taken a decided turn for the better, but it still rained a bit while snorkeling this afternoon. Wind is down, but I still wouldn't book a deep sea charter yet.

Sg