Originally Posted By: Sebastes
Lake Tye on Frylands Blvd. in Monroe has public access around most all of the lake. The Sky Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited had a Free Kids Fishing Derby for age 12 and under yesterday April 27, and after the derby the net holding the fish in the beach area is removed and the fish spread out throughout the lake. Most bank anglers use Power Bait, which floats so you don't want to fish it under a bobber unless you weight it with some split shot.. Fishing for stocked rainbows last pretty well through mid-June, then tapers of as do many of the local lakes.

Gissburg is also a good suggestion. Blackman Lake in Snohomish has a couple of fishing piers, they could be crowded. The Snohomish County Sportsman's group releases some triploids so larger fish a are possible.

Cottage Lake has a public fishing pier.

Check out Washington Lakes.com as a possible resource

WDFW has info on most lakes and also has stocking (planting) reports on when and how many fish were planted.

With a little research you should be able to find a suitable lake near where you live. Lakes with WDFW access boat ramps can offer a little space for bank anglers as long as it doesn't interfere with boat launching. Be sure to display your WDFW parking pass on the rear view mirror of you vehicle.

Wishing you good fishing, if you have young kids to take and try some of the public fishing piers, consider having them wear life jackets.

A few years ago I was fishing off the pier at Cottage Lake when a little kid about five was running around the pier. He ran right off the dock and went into the water with no PFD. I ran and grabbed him and put him on the dock where his father came rushing to get him.

A float tube, small boat for rowing or a pontoon boat can open up a lot of water for an angler.

Good Advice from Doug, and my neighbor Ivan Cooned them up at Tye today.
Go get em!