In a lengthy PM to Dave, I told him basically the same thing. My gun will deliver 40 pellets on a single charge at hunting velocities but the first 15 or so are at the ideal pressures ( MORE consistent than a springer) it just takes a second to top off the tank and I get 40 fill from a scuba tank, you can get MUCH more from a higher pressure carbon fiber tank but that is more than he needs to know.

Eventhough, only the first fifteen shots at ideal pressures, it is just a slight adjustment of holdover to account for the change. No big deal. That is 1600 shots at hunting velocities. Also you have the benefit of ZERO cocking effort, the exerted pressure on the barrel - I was lucky enough to have a buddy bear trap my Beeman Crow Magnum. Nothing like ruining a $1200 gas piston gun in the blink of an eye!

Many of the PCP guns now are available with magazines for faster follow up shots and I know of one that is a semi shot. See Teds video "shooting pigeons in flight"
Pretty amazing how things have changed.

http://tedsholdover.com/video/hunting-and-pest-control/shooting-pigeons-in-flight/

There is even an FX that shoots arrows!

Sorry... I just dig this stuff.

grin

Edited by JTD (06/28/14 02:19 PM)
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.