As some of you know, I sit on the Puget Sound Sportfishing advisory board where we help WDFW design current and future fisheries rules.
I spoke with Ryan Lothrop of WDFW this morning, and he advised me the perception inside WDFW is that based upon forum posts (from other forums) and word on the water, that many people are opting to not report their catch in attempt to extend the Summer Chinook season in Puget sound.

This jeopardizes future fisheries opportunities because we cannot accurately estimate harvest and impacts on Salmon which is used to design future fisheries.
Further, the tribes read the forums too. The tribes have and will continue to use this knowledge against sportfishing interests.

Report your catch fellow anglers. There is an stipulation on your license which requires you to report all fish retained when asked. Follow the rules, and don't contribute to this problem and arm other interests with information that can be used against sportfishing interests.

Thank you
Ryley Fee