Originally Posted By: Tillanook
The jaws is the area were the between the tips of the two jetties and its no place for a small boat. I'd concentrate in the area in front of wheeler marina. Herring or spinners will both work and the flasher is optional.

This is only true if the bar is nasty. I've caught a lot of fish in my drift boat out there. Just be aware of what's going on and don't push it. I pushed it bad out there not once, but twice and the second time I almost rolled my boat on the sand along the north jetty. We had two fish on at once on a nasty day and I lost track of where I was. Too close. Anyway….Wheeler is a great spot to troll as so it the stretch above the 101 bridge if you're not comfortable at all in the waves. And take if form someone who's scared themselves pretty bad out there, it's not worth it.

This was the first time I scared myself. Sides were too low and the boat was too small. One boat came by while we fought the fish and no one noticed the waves. I can't believe I stayed in the boat. I actually got the bill of my hat wet. It all goes wrong about 1:30 into it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150954103531652&l=6621532986569639277

JD

Edited by Clackacraft (07/21/14 07:40 PM)