The newest major entries to the Tacoma retail scene — a large sporting-goods emporium and a national crafts retailer — have announced their opening dates.

Tacoma’s two major and long-awaited fall premieres will both feature giveaways, snacks and opening-day bargains.

• Hobby Lobby, at the site of the former Top Food at 3130 S. 23rd St., will welcome its first customers Friday with a soft opening. The grand opening will be celebrated Sept. 22, according to store manager Ryan Fairchild.

The Tacoma store will be the company’s sixth in Western Washington.

• Look for giveaways including gift cards, tackle boxes, mugs and keychains when Bass Pro Shops opens its first Washington location Oct. 23.

The opening will be preceded by an “Evening of Conservation” featuring representatives from conservation groups including Ducks Unlimited, Quails Forever and the National Wild Turkey Federation.

John L. Morris, owner of the privately held enterprise, will be present at the Thursday opening — as will several sports and outdoor TV celebrities, according to a company spokeswoman.

Known as a destination retail store, Bass Pro Shops on Hosmer Street will feature a 16-lane bowling alley and an Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl and Grill cafe.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/09/15...1#storylink=cpy

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government