I agree with 1LM.

it is common to have to make a minor adjustment to your sights to account for broadhead flight PROVIDED they are grouping consistently at your max hunting range.

All of this is fixable though.

If you are familiar with your equipment, I would GUESS that all you need is to adjust your rest... A minor adjustment. I really doubt you'd need to change arrows if you successfully paper tested for this combination. Most rests have enough adjustment these days to account for ANY arrow. GUESSING again here, I'd say your rest is too stiff (if it is some type of plunger system) or it is set too far away from the riser and it is forcing the arrow to fishtale fletch left. And with additional steering from the broadhead, your arrow stabilizes once it's left the bow, in that same formation.

The correct solution though, and it goes for ANYONE with any set up, is to do a bare shaft test. It is the only way to fine tune for proper broadhead flight.
The reason I say it goes for anyone is because, even of you have good groups with your broadheads, and you think everything is great, eliminating subtle inconsistencies are just as critical because these inconsistencies will be amplified by strong winds, a poor release or something like string contact with clothing. If something can go wrong it will. Secondly, when the bow is really dialed, you can feel and hear it and any misses are then all on you and maintaining consistent proper form. That is when you really start to notice things like grip torque.

Follow the instructions for a bare shaft test are all over the net. Beeman used to have it on their website but now charge for a kit (??). You could easily do this in an hour before the season, or afterwards if you think it is good enough or you are worried you'll throw it all out of whack.

In a nutshell, shoot a good three arrow group at 20 yards. Strip the fletch off one arrow and shoot for the same exact impact point. The results will probably blow you away... But your adjustment to your rest is probably minute. Trust me when I say all your arrows, fletch or not, will fly the same and you can put ANY broadhead on there. On a side note, the necessity of all of these low profile or mechanical broadheads just prove the shooter doesn't know the other half of the equation. Heck- you could put a Pterodactyl out there and it'd fly true. smile

Have a meeting now. PM me if someone has a question. I don't know everything, I wouldn't even say I am an expert... I started 35 years ago, ran a shop in college and enjoyed fooling around with this for years.

One more thing, tuning is never done. I is just a state of good enough always. Things like wheel lean, nock wear and string stretch make it an 'always moving target'

Get it?? Moving target.

grin

Edited by JTD (09/17/14 02:44 PM)
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.