I took my whole family to Sekiu this past weekend. I made the plans many months ago for what has been traditionally a wild fish retension time. The place was desserted. I fished alone on Friday for 5 hours and caught 11 silvers (and lost several) but only could keep one 10 lb hen. A UV hootchy with a green Ace Hi Fly inside at 50' caught most of the fish, though I also got several at 100' on a Frankie B king slayer. On Saturday my kids and their spouses took the boat out for 4 1/2 hours and experienced intermittant rain and wind. The fishing however was excellent. They caught 29 fish including an 18 lb wild silver and a 9 lb bright chum. They lost 14 fish. Retension was 7 fish with a 13 1/2 lb hatchery silver being the largest. At one time there was a quintuplet (5 fish on at once) only two were landed and there was a triple with all 3 being hatchery. Whole herring with no bling was the best producer. Sunday was nice weather but slower fishing. For the 4 hours of fishing we landed 14 silvers and missed 5. We kept two 7 lb fish and released a 10 lb wild silver. Whole herring without flasher was the best producer at 35' and just under the surface. Most fish were taken off Slip Point out to about 1 1/2 miles.

Deepwater