,<derail>
I bet that between my brother and I we caught a couple hundred thousand crappie, bluegill and perch.We would skin and gut. Grandma flayd'em out.

Grandma had a house in Moses Lake. Dad (divorced) would send us over every summer. We would fish after breakfast. Then we would go back out after lunch. After dinner we went fishing with Grandpa. Did that every summer when I was a kid. Same plan when Grandpa worked on the 3rd Powerhouse on Grand Coulee.

Grandpa taught me how to driftfish in Potholes Canal (which he helped build). As soon as I could get through the barb wire it was fish on. We drifted nightcrawlers on #4 worm hooks with around a 3/8 oz lead. Short fat rainbows nearly every cast (or not at all, it was like that) . They were short from battling that current , and fat from eating all the perch etc that got killed going through the dragonteeth behind the dam. That all changed when they put in the powerhouse. I have tried a few times over the years since they have all passed , but I don't think I have ever hooked up again.