"We are looking for a diverse set of people who represent various interests and affiliations to serve on the advisory group," Thiesfeld said.

That might be true on the sports side but on the "other side", it is 100% gill netters, active or retired. In 1 case, there are 3 members from the same family....now if that isn't pushing the scales of Justice out of balance, I don't know what it is.

I'm not a member of this advisory group, and care not to be.....but I do go to most of the meetings. Region 6, Chehalis/Humptulips basins, fishery issues move VERY slowly....classic example, "Wynoochee mitigation $$$$, 21 years and still no Coho or Steelhead have been raised and planted from the 2.4+ million dollars.....grrrrrrrr

One of the most important items that got done, in the recent past, by this group and the Commission .....the inclusion of the conservation issue known as " 4 / 3 ". If QIN gill nets are scheduled, in the river 4+ days, then no NT gill nets can fill the other 3 days. 4 / 3 is good for conservation AND the sports fishery above the 101 bridge, and needs to be continued.

Edited by DrifterWA (12/03/14 10:35 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"