Originally Posted By: bhudda
I really enjoyed the article in STS .....it took me away for that brief moment . I've yet to find a Shangri La but have had some good timing on intimate waters that gave me the feeling for a moment that I had found it. But realization sets in and that setting is virtually impossible. .I've seen or I should say heard from Intel that a certain FB page has literally crushed a small system in 1 year with open Internet back and forth...stupid. my hopes of finding it will be burning but feel the light fading. Anyways..it inspired me again to rack miles up:)

I actually just read that tonight and i was tellin wifey that i rarely read mag articles anymore. I must say this one was very inspiring and captivating in terms of my own search and experience for shangri la. I also love Ralph Wahl's account of his Skagit secret spot as well. Many of us fish and dont bother with magazines pieces but i have to say there is a reason Bill is legendary in the steelheading world, the man is a literary genius and he has a way of recording on paper what alot of us steelheaders have a difficult time expaining. Great work Bill and glad your still doing what you love. thumbs