Just got back from a couple days fishing. Myself and some family made the trek and had some fun, sun and one hairy boat ride back to the marina.
We fished 1 1/2 days in Canada and 1 evening in Neah Bay. The first day was pretty good, except my friend I brought got sick the second we stopped the boat. He was a trooper though and I handed the rod off to him every time. He ended up reeling in the majority of the fish, but lost a few due to dry heaves.
King fishing was good once we found the right depth, which was 180 ft. Ling fishing has changed out there the last few years, as in not as good (at least for us). Halibut fishing was pretty decent though with a few caught each day.

My friend ended up not doing to well, so his wife came and picked him up. I felt really bad for him and he told me never to invite him again, although he said the Puget sound is okay.

The second day out was one of the easiest trips I have done and we limited on Kings in about 1 hour. We hit the bottom fishing grounds and was able to muster 1 hali before the worst wind/wave storm I have ever been in whether as a passenger or driver. I was lucky to be in an Arima, nice and dry. My uncle and his friend were soaked and at 1 point he was hit broadside thrown from his seat and into the passenger seat. I was following and thought I was going to have to rescue him after watching his Trophy tilt the way it did. The day we didn't go to Canada we fished and caught a limit of kings and landed a 60-80 pd Hali while rock fishing in 50 ft of water. We were able to get a pretty good measurement of 54-56in.
All the salmon in Neah bay were caught in front of the Green Can 70-80 ft down. The water clarity was getting darker as the weekend wore on.

My sea sick friend

My brother and nephew

My uncle pre- wind storm fighting a fish

My uncle post storm, back at the marina. He was wearing a sweatshirt and a life jacket also.

The Hali we had to release.

Great weekend, I hope to do it again in August

Joe