Come on now Breezer, If glass boats are so durable, why then do 95% of the river guides fish in aluminum. Sure aluminum dents, but you scrape the gelcoat off the bottom of your glass boat and it will soak up water like a sponge. It takes quite a while to dry properly, and you can use acetone to break the water molecules down, and shorten the drying time. If you don't do this and re-apply gelcoat, you have just sealed all that water into your glass, and over time , it will dryrot, just like wood.When I say gelcoat, I'm talking about the shiny finish on your boat, before you apply a bottom coat. I have previously worked in the boat building and repair business, for over 20 years, and I can't begin to count the number of boats, and yachts that have come in for repair of rotten glass. Commercial guides who fish 200 to 300 days a year value durability in their boats, and they make their choices accordingly. Me I'm just a sportsman, my "tin boat" by willie is 7 or 8 years old now, and 20 years from now, god willing, it will still be running the lower solduc, can you say the same for your glass boat??