Hi All-

Need to replace my 19' cuddy I/O with another, and could use some input on what I'm seeing in the Trophy line. Looking model year 2000-2005 ish.

Seems like the Trophy boats are budget friendly and common enough that it would be a logical choice for fishing San Juan Islands and occasional nice day in the ocean. About the same size/temperament as my current boat. Towable, fits in my driveway, etc.

For those that have or have had the 2052 WA could you offer your input on these concerns? I hopped into one at a dealer and these things popped into my mind:

Fish Box. Seem kinda tight for two salmon and enough ice. And are they somewhat insulated so that the ice lasts all day?

Gunwale comfort.
They hit me kinda low on the thigh compared to my current boat. Also, reviews on-line stated the same. Does it cause a problem once you get used to it? Does anyone add a second rail?

Fun. How do they fish trolling salmon with three rods/fishermen?

Power. Is the 4.3L sufficient power and what are you seeing for fuel economy? I'm accustomed to 3mpg at 30 mph cruise, so that's close enough.

And does anyone know the difference between Trophy and Trophy Pro besides the purdy color?

That's it! I appreciate anything you can share. Oooo...pics of your setup would be skookum as well.

Thanks,

Mike