Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
And that $46.25/h is over $90k per year for those without a calculator. That ain't nothin' to sneeze at. Even if that were total household income, a family of 4 could live well, own a nice home, and still pay for their kids' college education without going into debt.

You could not be much more wrong about that. I earn something close to that figure, with better benefits than most, yet my family lives virtually paycheck to paycheck, and my home is very humble. I think some of you guys are thinking in terms of what consumer goods and college cost 20 years ago (which was about half what they cost now). Also of note is that salaries have increased very little since the 1970s, relative to the rate of inflation. Like the Paul Simon song says, you were "born at the right time."

I'm not complaining... Hell, I live better than about 97% of the rest of the world. I'm just saying that I don't live like my parents did. We do have a lot more phones than my parents did. Of course, the bill is 5x as much....