Originally Posted By: bankbum
I absolutely hate that these launches are closed. I fish from a pontoon and any ditched launch was not a big deal. I still had all the access I needed.

It's fishermen who screwed us out of these access points. No other user group is involved. And I 100% agree with green diamond closing Thier lands.
For years they kept gates open to access these launches. While they locked all other gates December 31st...we had the privilege of access. And a few took it for granted and ruined it for everyone....

I know it was fishermen, that caused the problem at the 7400 line. That Green Diamond gated their property was their right.

What I don't agree with. is that fishermen cause all the problems. I live close enough to the Wynoochee, that I might drive to the river, 2-3 times a day. Most of the time its to fish but many times to see how others are doing. I ALSO KNOW THAT SWIMMERS/CAMPERS, DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS, HAVE BEEN A DIRECT RESULT OF MANY GRAVEL BARS BEING CLOSED. Trash, dirty diapers, torn up gravel bars, cut down trees for fires, campers/trailers parked for weeks at a time....just makes for less access for all of us.

Access that used to be, is not anymore.......If I've heard "I used to put in there", once, I've heard it a thousand times !!!!!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"