Some of you may have already seen these at the Portland Show, or at some of the retailers. For those that haven't you might want to! G Loomis is proud to launch the E6X Salmon series, following the success of the E6X Steelhead series. There are 15 rods, some classic models, some new models. They all have carbon fiber fore and rear grip. The SAR's and HSR's have double locking nut reel seats as well. The SAR's have a 7" carbon fiber foregrip, the HSR's and BBR have a 5", with the exception of the 9000 and 980 which are 3.5". All the rods are still hand made in Woodland. The E6X material is extremely strong, sensitive and light. In my opinion it is GL3 sensitivity, GL3 weight, but GL2 durability and GL2 cost. This series of rods retails from $219-$319 depending on the rod.

Holiday Sports, Ted's Sporting Goods, Three Rivers Marine, Outdoor Emporium and Sportco all have these rods in stock. Go check them out. I will say that E6X material seems stiff when you shake it, it's almost misleading, but load the rod up and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

In my opinion the SAR1143 and SAR1263 are the perfect Puget Sound downrigger rods, depending on which length you want. We've added additional 1-2 guide per rod on SAR's from the GL 2 models. On a side note, the SAR 1263 is the exact specs as the old STR1265C.

These rods still have a lifetime warranty on manufacturers defects. The Xpedite cost for these rods is $75. ALL GL2 rods are no longer being made and if send in for expedite, will be replaced with the most similar model in the E6X lineup.

E6X Salmon Trolling

E6X Salmon HSR's

Questions? I'll try and stay on top of them. Several of the guys on this board have fished, or are fishing E6X Steelhead, and some of them helped with the R&D feedback last fall and this winter. Next time you're in the store, stop by the Loomis rack and check them out!

-Kiley

Edited by Loomis_Shimano_Rep (04/05/16 01:33 PM)