I always look very cynical at reports that are issued by a group who has a vested interest in the outcome. While habitat is probably still being compromised, I can pull out an aerial and immediately see where the state forest land has limited harvest. In the past these would have been clear cut all the way up to the river. The home I grew up in was recently removed, along with the entire neighborhood, and is slowly being turned back into wetlands. Just a short distance away a large field that had been farm land was just converted back to an estuary wetland. I used to fish the creek that runs through it for trout. It is now closed as spawning sanctuary. In the same small estuary, several other ponds and wetlands now exist that were not there when I grew up. This is just a small area, but I see it in many areas.
I think of more concern is what may be still present from past pollution sites.

Strange that I can fish an urban stream in Oregon and hook multiple fish, hear of 30 fish days, and see fish in every hole, and then stop at multiple rivers in Washington and see one fish for several days of fishing, and hear only dismal reports. Something is going on, but I do not think that habitat is the main issue