Far be it from me to defend Hillary Clinton, but I will at least defend the truth...and here it is:

Gary Johnson and Hillary lie/tell the truth at about the same rate.

Donald Trump and all pathological liars lie/tell the truth at about the same rate.

I know it's a right wing talking point to call Clinton names and call her a liar, but the fact is, she is among the most truthful running for President, and Trump is by far the least truthful...ever.

Not just this cycle, but ever.

In the below lists the various statements by the candidates are factchecked and tallied...the numbers for Johnson are probably skewed in weird directions because the overall amount of statements he has made is so low compared to Trump or Clinton, but the trends are pretty clear.

From Politifact:

Statements verified as "True":

Johnson 1%
Clinton 22%
Trump 4%

Statements verified as "Mostly True"

Johnson 38%
Clinton 28%
Trump 11%

Statements verified as "Half True"

Johnson 25%
Clinton 22%
Trump 15%

Statements verified as "Mostly False"

Johnson 19%
Clinton 15%
Trump 17%

Statements verified as "False"

Johnson 13%
Clinton 11%
Trump 34%

Statements verified as "Pants on Fire"

Johnson 0%
Clinton 2%
Trump 18%

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/gary-johnson/
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Now this stuff has been public record all along, and everyone who is smarter than a burned out cedar stump knows it...it's been out there all along.

Hillary is the most truthful of the three candidates, followed very closely by Johnson.

Trump is a pathological liar, and there is no way to interpret his insistence on making up "facts" any other way.

Of course, Trump's followers don't care...after all, they vote Republican, and facts and Republicans have always had a pretty rocky relationship...though this cycle they are not only doubling down on making it all up, they are quadrupling down on it.

I don't think there's any need to go into how unqualified Trump is to be President...besides being a liar, he's an egomaniacal con man, an oversensitive blowhard, and a Grade A Asshole. That's in addition to knowing nothing about foreign or domestic policy, immigration, jobs, or the economy.

Gary Johnson also has shown a rather anemic knowledge of the world at all, at least outside of New Mexico, that bastion of both smart and knowledgeable politicians.

I don't care if you want to support a ridiculous candidate like Trump...knock yourself out, idiots have been being taken in by con men since time in memorium, and as long as there are people there will be idiots, and as long as there are idiots, there will me con men like Donald Trump.

I also don't care if you want to vote for Johnson as a "viable third party candidate"...even though we all know he is nothing of the sort.

Protest vote? Sure, if that's what you want to do. Qualified to be President? Hardly.

I am also amazed at the brilliance and logic, not to mention extensive knowledge that all of the experts here have about all the times Hillary has lied, cheated, murdered, and stole the world...you all should run for Congress, because in 25 years, dozens of investigations, and over HALF A BILLION IN TAXPAYER DOLLARS, Republicans have managed to pin exactly "nothing" on her to support their claims.

It's ok to be an idiot, it's ok to vote against all reason and logic, but it's not ok just to make up facts.

Carry on.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. I am sure Politifact is now a "liberal biased media!" or something of the sort...look up any and all other nonpartisan fact checking organizations and they all look just like Politifact's above.

It will be interesting to see Bloombert fact check the debate in real time tonight...I am certain Trump will be lying even more than usual, and I'm sure his moronic followers will be eating it up, lies and all, in a big, fat shitsandwich.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle