I was shocked to receive an email response from Rep. Mike Sells of the 38th district several weeks back stating that he had signed the letter, considering that he and Rep. June Robinson usually follow the district ring leader Sen. McCoy on these type of issues by distancing themselves as far away as possible. ( Similar to the coastal caucus situation with ring leader Chair Blake I would imagine.)

Rep. Mike Sells got a thank you note and Sen. McCoy and Rep Robinson received this:

I noticed that your name was absent from the letter sent by legislative members to our state Fish and Wildlife department and state F&W commission regarding the bi-state Columbia River fishery reform plan.

According to the state 2015-16 fishing rules pamphlet, there are close to 1.5 million state fish licenses sold annually and rising, and I have learned while talking to staff at WDFW that there is a high percentage of license holders from Snohomish County that trickle down to being your district constituents. Combining this with Everett having the second largest marina on the entire US west coast, hopefully both of these segments of the recreational industry can count on being represented by you on similar issues in the future.

My New Year’s resolution is to try to keep you up to speed on these issues since these are important to a large demographic portion of your district and economic well being of the state.

Please call or email me anytime with questions and looking forward to being invited to our 38th district town meeting tele-conference again this year.

Happy Holidays!

LB
xxx-xxx-xxxx

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them