Same as you folks, winter and summer steelhead on the "S" rivers, diminished opportunities for salmon along with the lack of access. I moved to the eastside about 10 yrs ago and glad that I did. Many old timers told me that the writing was on the wall and it would all be over in the not too distant future......they were right! I wouldn't have traded the experiences growing up on the Sky for nothing. Sad part was, watching the steelhead empire burn to the ground. Better to have experienced it than not at all. I'm not 110% saying it's all over with over there, however it is all over as far as the way we remember it and the way that it was. There may be seasons in the future but they will be on quota systems and limited entry, and/or very crowded.

I have caught more salmon and steelhead in one month on the Big C, than I'd have caught in 10 yrs on the S rivers, but there remains a deep feeling of something missing everytime March rolls around and the cottonwoods start to blossum, or missing the long walk back to the truck after a day of summer steelhead in the canyon.....

Ah, yes and Tumwater Canyon