Originally Posted By: Hankster
I read how the Mayor of Seattle gave his State of the Silly address at a mosque in N. Seattle. In his address he proposed raising property taxes and a soda tax to fund safe spaces for addicts to shoot up and get professional help they won't use. He wants something like $55 or $37 million a year.

The Mayor of Philly got himself a soda tax and he was mighty proud of it too. Said it would bring in $6 or so million a year. The soda distributors would pay it.

What he didn't think about (because libtards have a problem thinking ahead) was the distributors would pass that tax on to the retailers. The retailers would pass the tax on to the consumers. The consumers would just buy their soda outside the city limits. The tax revenue the Philly Mayor was hoping for didn't materialize. He called the distributors and retailers greedy bastages. As if they should have sucked up that tax and liked it.

You'd think that would be the end of it, but it wasn't. The soda sales went down 30% or so in Philly, so the distributors laid people off or cut their hours. They didn't have to transport as much soda as they used to.

Again, Hank takes the intellectually dishonest and lazy route, and pretends the lack of forward thinking belongs to one side of the aisle.

I'm shocked that he'd choose the lazy route.

Not really.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames