Originally Posted By: Larry B
Thanks Doc, that is a hoot! And certainly makes the message more fun!!

As for Ray Troll, I've been in his shop in Ketchikan a couple of times and almost went to a recent band performance in Gig Harbor. Almost.

Edit: Rather convoluted explanations recently from WDFW seem to indicate that descenders may yet become required on the coast. Stand by.

Also, the video made a point (pun intended) to not vent rockfish. The milk crate method has been criticized for possible eye abrasion. The PSA choice of descenders was limited to the SeaQualizer (expensive) which is pressure activated with variable depth settings and the Shelton (inexpensive) which is pinned to the fish's lip. The regs do not specify a type, just that you have one ready to deploy so one can be made at home. I was in Sportco last week and was told they have the SeaQualizers in stock at about $50.

Melanie and I went to the Seattle Aquarium two weeks ago to see Ray Troll, picked up a decender, some t-shirts and some c.d.'s. Rockfish Biotrauma was a hoot performed live. Now we have two decenders, although not the pricey one. Bob R