"We're gonna need a bigger stick"

Last year I relocated from Southern Ontario to Terrace BC. My pin setup is a Frogwater mounted on a 15' CTS 6-10. I run 14# Nanofil, 12# mono shot line and 10# STS flouro leader. Up until yesterday I had been just fine slaying chrome up to 15#s plus a bunch of dollys, pinks and chum. But yesterday I was working an awesome new run on the Kalum river and hooked something, well....bigger.

I was drifting a small pink jig under my float when it shot down. I got a very solid hookset in to something that had very heavy headshakes. It surfaced near where it went down and I just saw its tail, a good 3 feet away from where the line entered the water. The fish slowly meandered upstream to me to about 5 yards out in front of me with its belly on the bottom. I bent the rod to the cork to pull the big beasty up. Up it came to just under the surface where I could make out a huge silhouette. It looked at me, winked, laughed and shook its head and snapped that leader like it was nothing. Off he went and I didn't hook another fish all day.

It was either a very early chinook (springer out here, they start to make their way up in mid April) or it was a 20# plus steelie. It is in the conversation for biggest fish I've ever battled. But this was the first time I felt as though I was at the will of the fish with my gear. I have had back and forth battles with big fish before but this was different. He was in charge from hookset to break off. Which brings me to my question.

I need a big whuppin stick to put a beating on big chinnies. 50s and 60s are caught regularly. Say someone was crazy enough to go after them with a centerpin, what would you guys like for a rod? I know a lot of folks favour the Sage 3113s out here but at 11'3" that's shorter than I would like to go. I love my 15' for the casting distance but also for the drift control. It's hard to get info in the area because either you plunk and throw spoons or you're a spey guy. Pin fisherman are few and far between. Any ideas?