Originally Posted By: ColeyG
This is a great example of an emerging trend that I am labeling as "stupid selfie accidents." Stupid selfie accidents are defined as deaths or serious injuries suffered by morons attempting to capture a selfie-style image in close proximity to:

1. Dangerous drops and steep edges
2. Pissed off animals including but not limited to moose, bears, buffalo, elk, gorillas etc.
3. Other naturally occurring features and phenomena including waterfalls, tornados, floods, waves, etc.

I've expanded "selfie-style" images to include "take a picture of me next to this thing" dumfuckery as well.

The desire for popularity and attention has appantly replaced the basic need or desire to survive, thus empowering stupid people to take entirely unnecessary risks, often oblivious of potential consequences, for the chance of getting a few likes on the interweb. What have we become?

The bad news is that we have created a safety web in society that is devoted to saving people from the consequences of their poor decisions. Personal responsibility and accountability are all but a thing of the past. Darwin be dammed.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

The concept of Kodak courage is nothing new, but-on-camera-bravado pales in comparison to the stupid, situationally-unaware nonsense that I'm seeing on a relatively regular basis these days.

Common sense, apparently, is not so common any more.

Best post I've read in a very long time. Society has gone mad...with much support and enablement. Where does it end?