After reading BGR's post, I got the smoked cheese bug and decided to smoke up a cube of Cheddar and Colby Jack.

I have a Cookshack smoker. It's electric and uses dry wood chunks. In order to keep the heat down, I have a stainless steel insulated baffle that slides in where the bottom rack goes.

Since my smoker is digitally controlled, I had to take some additional steps and measures to prevent the smoker from getting past 90 degrees or so.

Step 1: Purchase big ol' block of cheese and quarter it length wise. Arrange on a rack.
Step 2. Add a couple of chunks of hickory to the smoker. Slide in the baffle and place a full pan/bowl of ice on top of the baffle. This is necessary to keep the oven temperature low after the wood starts smoking.
Step 3. Place the rack of cheese in the smoker and turn on to 225 or so. Doesn't really matter too much, as long as the heating process starts the wood to smoke.
Step 4. Watch the smoker. Set the timer for 20 minutes as soon as you see smoke starting to come out the vent hole
Step 5. Turn off the smoker after 20 minutes of smoking. Let the cheese bask in the smokey goodness for another 30 minutes or so.
Step 6. Repeat steps 3-5.
Step 7. Repeat steps 3-5.

After 3 doses of "smoke", the cheese looked great!

Step 8. Vac pack up the cheese and place in the fridge.

Step 9. Wait 3 weeks and give it a try.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!

Freakin' amazing smoked cheese!