I am tired of being lied to by the WDFW. The reason for the closure was "Reason for action: Unusually low river flows in recent weeks have created difficult migrating conditions for returning salmon, impeding their movement upstream. The closure is intended to protect these fish until flow conditions change sufficiently to enable normal salmon migration and the attainment of escapement goals."

What the real reason was is that the tribes decimated the run during the low water conditions. The flows are up and if the low water was really the reason for the closure then it would have been re-opened by now. Good stewards of the resource? What a joke. They could care less about the resource. It's all about the money. If they were really good stewards they would have stopped the netting BEFORE the run was wiped out.

Needless to say I'm pissed as hell. When the hell is WDFW going to stand up for the sportsman and the fish?

Another example is Area 9 that is closed until Nov. 1st. The chum are flowing through the canal as I speak and sportsmen can't fish. A couple of days ago the tribes issued a special 3 day permit for their members to gill net the area near Pt. Gamble and yesterday they literally had gill nets stretched completely across the canal for the Saulsbury launch ramp to the west shore and had a budget rental cargo truck backed down the ramp that was taking chum and some silvers being off loaded by the gills netters. But I, a lower than whale crap WA sportsman, can't even fish off the beach without getting a ticket.