Quote from SG..."Uhm-hmm, 18 - 20# steelhead. For every 20# steelhead, there must have been 200 7# fish, just to get some realistic perspective".

Hey SG
I don't know about you, but out of the fish I caught and what I saw coming out of the Cow back in 80's and 90's, only a hand full were those smallies. Most were 8-12 big shouldered fish w/ many bigger. They reminded me of the typical Quinault type fish. The small ones, 6-8#ers seemed to be more prevalent in the PS streams like the Puy, Green, Sky, Sno, Wallace, etc. Those were ones I focused my attention back then. If the Chamber's typical 2 salt returned 6-8 #, where did the the big boys come from in the Cow? Did they play selective breeding games to get more of the 3-4 salt returnies? The Quinaults have been doin that for a while now and seeing measured success. Your experience w/ the dept. and knowledge w/ biology, has always been a benefit to this and other boards. Thanks for any response.