Looking at catch records, it does appear that the Kalama is getting more of its fish in later. I guess my frustration is just the lack of opportunity near me. I have the opportunity to get out for the first time in a while, but could not decide where to go. If the fish are present, I can usually get my share. Over the past 10 years I have not been able to get out as much for a number of reasons, and the ability to catch fish in certain areas are now gone. This time of the year, 20 years ago I could count on the Cowlitz for something, the Green or Puyallup still had viable runs, the Nisqually would produce Chum and there were 3 or 4 small runs that had fish in them. Now, other than the emergency opening on the Nisqually, there really is no where within 1.5 hours of Tacoma that has a chance for fish. The Skookumchuck should be getting some, along with the Wynochee, but are usually so crowded it takes away a lot of the experience. If I go further than that, I like to see some fish in the river. The creel counts are one way to try to figure out where to head, along with some of the old catch records. Seeing the reports just adds to the frustration as it means the few place with fish will just be that much more crowded. I have some ideas, but will just have to drive further and take a chance. Hopefully I can nail the conditions and find a few .