Originally Posted By: Larry B
If you are at all interested in this matter I strongly recommend you listen to the audio recording when it is posted by the WDFW Commission. In fact, I hope the Commission will make a version available as a Word doc.

Commissioner McIssac made a great presentation to include a recommendation for a new Conservation Hatchery with a secure water source to be available to assist at risk stocks (think Oso mud slide and its impact on an already questionable river habitat) and jump start their recovery.

The posted announcement does not mirror the emphasis Commission McIssac put on the need to control predators and particularly seals with their now documented predation rate on smolts. Finally!! Now, will WDFW take that to the table and co-ordinate with the co-managers to push NOAA into action?

I agree that McIssac put forward some interesting ideas but they seemed outside the scope of the management plan.
There was very little discussion about the numbers in the plan. I expect it to move forward as written or close to.