big d
heres my 2 bits, i am not a guide or expert, but i have learned through trial and error. first on back bouncing bait, it depends on the size of fish in the river your in. the smaller rivers with fish up to 20 to 30 lbs i used 10 mainline and 12 lb leader with a double non sliding hook system. i use size one hooks with a bait loop. i put my roe on the upper hook along with a puff ball. my leaders are usually 4 to 5 feet long to a 3 way swivel. i tie a 8 inch dropper (8lb test) off the lower swivel and a half hitch to easily change wieghts. set up in the top of a run and start heavy with weights and lighten as needed. in clear water i like my baits at least 50 feet from the boat. i use g.loomis hs1021 rods. for big water and fish i use the same system with 15 to 20 mainline and 12-15 lb leader. i use g.loomis bbr864 rods for this. as far as anchoring or moving i would say if your catching fish anchored and not tying up a hole thats the way to go. usually its better to start at the top and slowly move down covering the whole run.
as far as kwickfish i use a 20lb mainline with a 5 foot 40 lb leader. i would allways use a sardine wrap if possible. there numerous posts on how to wrap sardines. the key to plugs is to fish them slow and try to cover the entire run. i tell the guys in my boat that once a fish hits to let him take a little drag and then clamp a finger down on the drag and nail em. by letting the fish take a little drag it allows the fish to turn down river and when you set the hook you have a better chance sticking one. i have seen it a bunch of times, guys getting slammed and raring back and coming up empty. anyways hope this helps
mike