Originally Posted By: mitch184
Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
I do want to add that Mr. Skoog mentioned that hook and line was being used, although gill nets are authorized. I failed to put that in my summery and it was an oversight on my part and should of been included in an effort to be fully transparent. For that, I apologize.

I think dialogue is important, and since Mr. Skoog seems comfortable in speaking on this, it is always best to hear it from those that are active in the matter rather than lean on second hand information.

Perhaps this might lead to better communication, and that is always good.

I'm sorry to say, but you were in fact lead a line of BS. On Mr. Skoog's behalf, he probably isn't informed on what actually happens so he may have thought he was speaking the truth.

Ask the locals who live there. They watch it EVERY DAY. Those tribal netters know exactly how, when and where those steelhead run. You think steelhead only run the beaches at whidbey? HA. Those beach seines/gilnets they use are flat out DEADLY. Look at what they did on the Fraser to the Thompson fish.

I cannot validate what I was told as truth or otherwise. I merely went to a source that should have some details and reported what I was told. As in every situation, the truth probably lies somewhere within the middle. It would be interesting to have this matter dug into more completely and facts verified...it would serve transparency well.

Have we heard ANYTHING back from Mr. Warren or WDFW?