Gary, I really, really wish I'd have checked this thread again, or called you. You know what they say, you've either had an incident in your drift boat, or you will. Well, last Saturday was my day. I hadn't floated high bridge down in a few years. Massive change at that second tailout. I didn't think there was enough water hard left, and in the time I had to make a decision, I chose soft left on the right chute. That was when I noticed the Willie wrapped around a rock like a rag. That's the same boat I float, and it was like seeing a ghost. I banged a rock pretty hard staying soft left in that low water, and the new leelock anchor rope lock I had just installed, let my anchor go - not a good place to have this happen. Thank God an old friend taught me years ago to have a knife tied right to the anchor lock. I had a split second to cut that rope, and get back on the sticks to avert a certain dumping. The Pucker factor was 15 on a scale of 1-10. This is a far more difficult channel than used to be up there. There are also a couple jams down below that are tricky at these low flows. I broke rule #1, and almost lost a boat and perhaps worse. If you own a leelock anchor line lock, be damn sure you're using 7/16" or 1/2" rope. I had an old 3/8" rope, and it will not hold. Please be safe out there.

Edited by Kyle_A (07/30/18 02:45 PM)