Originally Posted By: cohobankie
Did I read this correct two generators failed?

Imagine if my hospital had two back up generators fail? We test the generators every month, we test our emergency defibrillators twice daily.

If they tested their generators regularly, had fresh gas, carbs drained after use, hell just fired them up once a week and ran them dry they wouldn't be in this situation would they.

Been following this thread since this little disaster unfolded and some of the posts really make me smile! Defer maintenance due to lack of funding? Come on.... Why install backup units in the first place? Accountability? Are you serious? IMHO heads should roll on this one! Having worked in the electrical industry for 35+ years and installing huge backup units in hospitals, high rise buildings and computer centers there were protocols for testing on some units on a weekly, bi-monthly or monthly basis! Record keeping was meticuloss and I'm wondering tonight what caused this catastrophic failure? Battery maintenance, low oil, faulty electronic monitoring units! Some of this gear is so sensitive it can see/sense a "hiccup" coming down the line in about 1/60th of a second! I thought it might have been old gear but watching KIRO at 5PM tonight at the hatchery it was a new unit probably not maintained properly! FYI the hatchery spokesman said the unit had been started and tested in October? Question: Early October or late October? 45-60 days without running this unit left me speechless! Can't wait for the "report" and curious as to what actions if any will be taken! SMH.......