Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1014745 - 10/02/19 09:13 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

If more people had a horse in the Cowlitz race perhaps we would still have significant plants in the river.

Pathetic!!!

#1014767 - 10/02/19 12:24 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
If more people had a horse in the Cowlitz race perhaps we would still have significant plants in the river.
Pathetic!!!

Considering how many meetings Melanie and I go to we don't need another cause to support. I don't fish the Cowlitz, I don't know enough about the history or the fishery to contribute anything factual (although that doesn't stop other misinformed individuals from commenting!), how is that pathetic? I don't support Tacoma Power not doing all they can to meet mitigation requirements. Considering how far it is from where I live it's not one of the rivers I frequent. The horse in the race referred to the fact that I am not taking one side or the other as far as the followers of this thread are debating. Bob R

#1014768 - 10/02/19 01:04 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Sorry you felt this was directed at you.
It wasn't.

#1014782 - 10/02/19 03:05 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
Paul Smenis Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: In a drift boat...

#1014785 - 10/02/19 03:53 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Yup.
Pre Clancy back when Roger Smith and Mike Kelly ruled the river now those were the days!!!!

#1014786 - 10/02/19 04:01 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
bobrr
Unregistered

It wasn't.

Thanks for clarification, it's getting confusing without a scorecard. I think the current climate (hot blobs at sea) has me a little rattled. Returns on everything are in the tank, is the end in sight? On another note tuna fishing is off the charts. Haven't seen them this close in years. Hopefully WDFW won't get involved. They seem to screw up everything they touch. Bob R

#1014790 - 10/02/19 04:59 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: ]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Originally Posted By: bobrr
It wasn't.

Thanks for clarification, it's getting confusing without a scorecard. I think the current climate (hot blobs at sea) has me a little rattled. Returns on everything are in the tank, is the end in sight? On another note tuna fishing is off the charts. Haven't seen them this close in years. Hopefully WDFW won't get involved. They seem to screw up everything they touch. Bob R

They took a look at the tuna fishery back when Anderson was Director and decided there was no need for their involvement - a very good decision as there was absolutely no value to be added.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#1014804 - 10/03/19 08:25 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

If only Tuna spawned in rivers.
I'd eat it with Ketchup.

#1014805 - 10/03/19 08:45 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Pathetic!!!

More hatchery salmon and steelhead are planted in the Cowlitz than any other river in Washington State except the mainstem Columbia. The problem does not seem to be a lack of fish being stocked. The Cowlitz is not immune to the same poor smolt to adult return rates that afflicts every other river.

#1014807 - 10/03/19 09:32 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

More
More More
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1014808 - 10/03/19 09:33 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
bobrr
Unregistered

Hot blobs and pinniped predation, two of the smolt to adult returns biggest issues. Take a look at the current water temp. charts the tuna fishermen use and you will see the issue. Not only salmon stocks, but the baitfish they thrive on also bites it when this occurs. I dread the next 4 years for salmon returns. bob r

#1015048 - 10/08/19 05:45 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Let me quote a top NOAA fisheries representative "those fish shouldn't have in the Cowlitz to being with" when discussing the early chambers creek stock. That served as a world class Steelhead fishery for some 70 years.And brought in millions of dollars in revenue to the local communities of SW Washington.Back in 2002 when the settlement agreement was signed. TP created the fish technical committee or FTC that all the agencies had a seat at the table except for the sports community.And it was also closed to the public.And good old Salmo g just happened to represent NOAA on the FTC.Remember the FTC is making decision in a closed meeting format. Sound just like what is happening with NOF today. And guess who fought the hardest to keep the public out of those meeting. You guess it none other then Salmo g and his friends from TU and AR. Everyone like to blame WDFW or TP for the problem on the Cowlitz ,but in all reality NOAA has a big roll in what happens on the Cowlitz. So eliminating a world class Steelhead fishery is probably one of the biggest con jobs ever pulled on sportsmen in Washington. And not eliminating the invasive species Tiger Musky is just mind blowing. So you see he did play a major roll in killing the Cowlitz. After years of hard work from people like Cowlitzfishermen and myself the FTC is now open to the public on a every other meeting concept. So please feel free to flame me,but your never going to get to let up on the killer of the Cowlitz.

#1015049 - 10/08/19 05:46 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Yup.
Pre Clancy back when Roger Smith and Mike Kelly ruled the river now those were the days!!!!

Those were the days my friend.

#1015091 - 10/09/19 09:32 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Chinook 1]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Originally Posted By: Chinook 1
Yup.

Those were the days my friend.

Yup.
The flat brim crowd has mo idea...............as usual.

#1015099 - 10/09/19 10:39 AM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Chinook 1]
OncyT Offline
Spawner

TP created the fish technical committee or FTC that all the agencies had a seat at the table except for the sports community....And good old Salmo g just happened to represent NOAA on the FTC.

Just to clarify - the sports community is not an agency, therefore they would have no seat at the table. Their interest should have been represented by WDFW. I also want to clarify that Salmo g was long gone from the FTC when decisions about Cowlitz hatchery programming were finally made.

#1015146 - 10/09/19 03:02 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: OncyT]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: OncyT
TP created the fish technical committee or FTC that all the agencies had a seat at the table except for the sports community....And good old Salmo g just happened to represent NOAA on the FTC.

Just to clarify - the sports community is not an agency, therefore they would have no seat at the table. Their interest should have been represented by WDFW. I also want to clarify that Salmo g was long gone from the FTC when decisions about Cowlitz hatchery programming were finally made.

Sorry but the sports community could have sign on to the settlement agreement,but wasn't buying the garbage TP was selling. The guides signed on ,but found out there half vote wasn't going to get them anything so they drop out. One of the point is he was there keeping the public out of FTC meeting. Funny his name show up on meeting minutes for sometime after the 2002 signing.

#1015151 - 10/09/19 03:13 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: ]
Chinook 1 Offline
Fry

Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: Larry B

Is there an underlying purpose/goal in your approach????

After reading all of his posts I believe trolling S.G. and yourself IS his underlying purpose and approach. There doesn't seem to be a logical thought process, and a lot of vague references to past practices. I don't have a horse in this race, just an observer to the direction of responses from him on this topic and others. He says he fishes with a rod and reel but does quite a bit from his keyboard as well. Just sayin', Bob R

Love it honey when you call me a troll. And if you had a nag in the race it be dead last or the the glue factory.

#1015155 - 10/09/19 03:21 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Chinook 1]
bobrr
Unregistered

]
Quote:

Love it honey when you call me a troll. And if you had a nag in the race it be dead last or the the glue factory.
You prove yourself that you are indeed a troll. What fishing reports have you ever posted on this site? Numerous things you say have been proven to be total B.S. You never address that. All your posts attack other members. A-holes like you should stay on the "dark side". You are the classic definition of a troll and are proud of it. Troll away, you get NO respect from anyone here. Bob R

Edited by bobrr (10/09/19 03:23 PM)

#1015207 - 10/09/19 08:37 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Chinook 1]
OncyT Offline
Spawner

Sorry but the sports community could have sign on to the settlement agreement,but wasn't buying the garbage TP was selling. The guides signed on ,but found out there half vote wasn't going to get them anything so they drop out. One of the point is he was there keeping the public out of FTC meeting. Funny his name show up on meeting minutes for sometime after the 2002 signing.

So if the sports community didn't sign on to the agreement, why would they possibly have a seat on the FTC? The answer is, they wouldn't, so your comment makes no sense. And again for clarification, the hatchery programs for the new license were not developed until sometime after 2010. I believe they were finalized in 2011, but that was too long ago for me to remember for sure. Nevertheless, it was long after Salmo g. was no longer involved in the project. The NOAA representative at that time was Michelle Day. I'm sure she would be more than happy to address your complaints.

#1015212 - 10/09/19 09:56 PM Re: Cowlitz issues [Re: Carcassman]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Regardless of what Agencies or sports may have wanted at Cowlitz, the programs had to fit under ESA. If you want to go back to pouring Chambers Creeks into the system, get ESA changed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |