Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1026747 - 03/25/20 06:57 AM We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008
RICH G
Unregistered

that turned into hundreds of trillions in exposure to the US taxpayer.

Now they want a total of 6 trillion in bailouts rolled out which will turn into Quadrillions.

I guess America is being sold and so are the people.

If you were smart you would be advocating that America and the rest of the world should be aloud to fail because the alternative is total enslavement for all future generations.

#1026748 - 03/25/20 06:59 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I guess the people are a bunch of selfish pussies and would rather take out a bunch of debt and trade it for their and all future generations freedom than to pay any consequence.

#1026749 - 03/25/20 07:00 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
RICH G
Unregistered

I do not support anyone who supports this bailout. If you support this bailout you are an enemy of the people even if you are ignorant.

#1026757 - 03/25/20 07:57 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
For once we agree on something, at least for the most part.

Supply side economics is a total failure...supply side bailouts are even worse.

A couple of things I have seen bouncing around lately have piqued my interest, like:

If people should have six months worth of resources on hand for an emergency, how can the biggest corporations in the world be failing after two weeks of reduced profits?

And...

Two weeks of the labor force going home and the entire system collapses. It's almost like those "job creators" aren't the ones driving the economy.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1026759 - 03/25/20 07:59 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quadrillions?

lol

Fvck off, Rich.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1026780 - 03/25/20 09:01 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
AcidAngler
Unregistered

Inflation,quadrillions rofl

#1026782 - 03/25/20 09:13 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Big numbers are hard for small minds.

A quadrillion is 1,000 Trillion or 1 Million Billions.

The approximate pre-virus total wealth on earth is about $215 Trillion give or take.

So, it would take ~5x the total combined wealth on earth to equal a single Quadrillion.

Derp.

#1026784 - 03/25/20 09:15 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: NickD90]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: NickD90

The approximate pre-virus total wealth on earth is about $215 Trillion give or take.

So, it would take ~5x the total combined wealth on earth to equal a single Quadrillion.

Derp.

lol - Rich took math at the same school Hank did.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#1026786 - 03/25/20 09:28 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: Dan S.]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: NickD90

Derp.

lol - Rich took math at the same school Hank did.

The below figures blow lesser minds away. They see it and start acting like the chimps in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

1 million seconds is equal to ~11.5 days. I was in day 7 of social distancing.
1 billion seconds is equal to ~31.75 years. George Bush Sr. was President.
1 trillion seconds is equal to ~31,710 years. Global Ice age. Cave paintings started showing up in South France.
1 quadrillion seconds is equal to ~31,709,792 years. Eocene period. The earliest mammal type animals are just starting to appear in the fossil record.

Chimp away Rich.

#1026788 - 03/25/20 09:51 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Good point Todd. If the little businessman goes TU, there's someone right behind him to take his place. I'd imagine the same would hold true in corporate 'merica...but WAIT..that would mean that some large shareholders got hurt, eh? Can't have that!

I've been pretty fortunate for most of my life/career to have full-time employment. Early on there were times that I couldn't afford to miss more than a check or two, and we lived well within our means (limited vacations, no new rigs unless work provided, waited to have a kid, minimal school debt, and generally some lucky breaks). Didn't necessarily have a deep savings account, but if I did buy an "asset" it was generally something that I got a great deal on, paid cash for it, and we/I would use the hell out of for recreation. If times got bad, I could flip it for what I had into it (boat, camper, trapgun, etc) and that was our savings account. I saw friends get hurt in 2008-10, who had too much debt and that reinforced my disdain for leveraging yourself. My dad didn't always agree with my logic, as it wasn't the safest course but it has worked out so far. 30 years later, we can weather a storm for "6 months", and there are not many bills in the mailbox. But I/we had good role models to learn from, as I mentioned..."fortunate".

The wife and I were talking last night about the "stimulus money" and how we don't need it. I wish we could just refuse it, but now that I think about it there's a few local people I know who could really use it. I think I might have plan for it..

#1026793 - 03/25/20 10:12 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Excitable Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: fuctifino
Rich G?

Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

#1026795 - 03/25/20 10:30 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Not sure if it will make it into the final stimulus plan or not, but right now if you made more than $75K on your 2018 taxes, or 2019 taxes if you have already filed, you may have to PAY THE $1200 back when you pay your next taxes.

That probably means for about 1/4 of us nationwide, give or take, it's not anything other than a small, short term, loan.

Mine will probably sit in my savings account til taxes are due and then I'll give it right back, which doesn't stimulate anything wink They'll probably tax it as income and not only will I have to pay it back, I'll have to pay it back with taxes on it...and those taxes will be the actual stimulus plan, as they'll subsidize some of the rest that don't have to pay it back.

Of course, some folks will spend it, and then still have to pay it back, and they will get to be Extra Stimulating.

Like noted above a few times, though, for the other 2/3 to 3/4 of the taxpayers, it is free money, and they'll spend it almost immediately, and not have to pay it back...that's actually rather stimulating.

Fish on...

Todd

#1026797 - 03/25/20 10:45 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
I also don’t immediately need stimulus money either. I’ve planned to save my entire life and limit my spending such as not going on vacations or buying new cars when everyone else has. I deferred spending and instant gratification to have a more secure financial future.

What I’d like is to not have to pay the government money for social security. I can manage my money for myself and I don’t need the government to take care of me. If I could opt out of social security right now and not have to pay anything the rest of my career (I’m still young) I would do that even if it meant I got to collect nothing. I can make more money investing/managing it myself.

#1026798 - 03/25/20 10:59 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: Todd]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
The Trump experiment is backfiring. Stock Market Performance by President

Our nation hasn't been on the right economic track since Clinton.

#1026800 - 03/25/20 11:01 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: Streamer]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Streamer
I also don’t immediately need stimulus money either. I’ve planned to save my entire life and limit my spending such as not going on vacations or buying new cars when everyone else has. I deferred spending and instant gratification to have a more secure financial future.

What I’d like is to not have to pay the government money for social security. I can manage my money for myself and I don’t need the government to take care of me. If I could opt out of social security right now and not have to pay anything the rest of my career (I’m still young) I would do that even if it meant I got to collect nothing. I can make more money investing/managing it myself.

There are going to be crap tons of really nice used rides at rock bottom prices here soon enough. Jumbo, long term auto loans are going to go TU all over the place. I might be able to finally pick up something reasonable.

#1026801 - 03/25/20 11:03 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Very true. My wife and I just bought brand new cars last year... each of us for the first time in our lives. But for years we always owned junkers or bought cars a couple years used.

#1026808 - 03/25/20 11:47 AM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I have purchased one brand new vehicle in my life, and it was a very specialized business vehicle. Car payments of any significance just don't make sense to me economically.

Fish on...

Todd

#1026815 - 03/25/20 12:09 PM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: Todd]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Todd
I have purchased one brand new vehicle in my life, and it was a very specialized business vehicle. Car payments of any significance just don't make sense to me economically.

Fish on...

Todd

You literally just put this on a pedestal for me to take a big old swing at.......

Happy too!

rofl

When one drives a car, Dukes of Hazard style, in to a swamp ditch, it would make perfect sense that a new car doesn't make economic sense to you.

Ever.

Go, Bo Duke!!!!!!!! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaw!

rofl

#1026816 - 03/25/20 12:15 PM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

Lol. Who needs enemies when you have a Ryley?

rofl

#1026817 - 03/25/20 12:15 PM Re: We never paid back the 800 billion from 2008 [Re: ]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville

God damn.....

I'm still laughing!!!!

rofl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1353 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |